Holiday Shows in Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Article
Holiday Shows in Pittsburgh Follow @nyccitiview
From classics like Manheim Steamroller and “The Nutcracker” to new favorites like “Holidaze” by Cirque Dreams, Pittsburgh has an amazing array of holiday shows to help audiences soak up the spirit of the season. Check out our list of the best holiday shows in Pittsburgh and buy your tickets now before they are sold out!
Described as “nothing short of magical” by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, “The Nutcracker” is set to Tchaikovsky’s iconic score and promises to deliver a sense of awe and tradition as it spins the tale of the night before Christmas. Set in turn-of-the-century Pittsburgh and performed by the Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, this adaptation is sure to please with more than 150 dancers, stunning scenery and a host of new surprises.
Rediscover this timeless Christmas Tale in a magical new version by Pittsburgh CLO performed at Byham Theater. Watch as the penny-pinching miser Ebenezer Scrooge experiences the adventure of a lifetime and this classic Dickens novel is brought to life as he learns that the love of money will never outweigh the importance of loving one another.
Coming to Pittsburgh’s Benedum Center this holiday season for one night only, Manheim Steamroller’s Christmas concert by Chip Davis promises to be “a Christmas tradition with a New Age twist.” Always a festive favorite, the show is characterized by the group’s special Neo-Classical take on popular carols and Christmas songs, including Gregorian chant and medieval-style compositions, as well as electrically-charged synth-tinged orchestral pop.
Also at the Benedum Center in downtown Pittsburgh, this specially-themed holiday show brings what at first appear to be Christmas ornaments to life as more than 30 performers from 12 countries perform 20 acts, transforming into a wide variety of costumed characters who perform amazing feats before your very eyes.
MORE HOLIDAY SHOWS
• Now Through Dec. 14: Mrs. Bob Cratchit’s Wild Christmas Binge, Little Lake Theater.
• Now Through Dec. 18: Gift of the Ice Queen, Gemini Theater.
• Now Through Dec. 20: Rudolph, Frosty, The Grinch & Friends, The Strand.
• Now Through Jan. 12: Plaid Tidings: Holiday Edition of Forever Plaid by CLO Cabaret, Theater Square.
• Dec. 4: Motown Experience: Christmas & Hits, The Palace.
• Dec. 5-7 & 10-12: River City Brass Presents: Christmas Brasstacular, various venues.
• Dec. 9-18: Highmark Holiday Pops, Heinz Hall.
• Dec. 12-14: The Second City Nut-Cracking Holiday Revue, O’Reilly Theater.
• Dec. 14: Holiday Rock n’ Rolldies, Heinz Hall.
• Dec. 14: Pittsburgh Opera Holiday Brown Bag Concert, Pittsburgh Opera Headquarters in the Strip District.
• Dec. 27: Trans-Siberian Orchestra: The Ghosts of Christmas Eve, Consol Energy Center.
• Dec. 19-22: Pittsburgh Musical Theater Presents: A Lyrical Christmas Carol, New Hazlett Theater.