Live Holiday Music in Cleveland - Cleveland Article
Live Holiday Music in Cleveland
From “Silver Bells” to “White Christmas,” the holiday season really does comes to life through live music, classic holiday recordings and good, old-fashioned caroling. When visiting Cleveland this season, be sure to add some merriment to your itinerary with some live Christmas music.
Ohio City Singers
The Ohio City Singers is what happens when a bunch of musician friends get together at a Christmas party, drink too much eggnog and get started recording new and classic holiday songs. This uber talented group of local rockers only gets together as the Ohio City Singers around the holidays at various locations across Northeast Ohio. They put a unique Cleveland spin on their music that’s both family friendly and pairable with a few Christmas ales.
Poppy classics and holiday jingling are all the rage when the Cleveland Pops performs its annual holiday presentation. This year, get ready for an even more fun holiday showcase during their show at Playhouse Square on Nov. 27.
Bebop and skedaddle your way to Playhouse Square’s Hanna Theater for the Cleveland Jazz Orchestra’s beloved holiday performances Dec. 9-11. On Friday and Saturday, Nia Drummond joins the CJO in celebration of their upcoming recording, “Have Yourself a Swinging Jazzy Christmas.” On Sunday, get in on the Jingle Bell matinee, a family-friendly version of their holiday program (shorter, too!).
It truly isn’t the holidays in Cleveland without the Cleveland Orchestra’s beloved Christmas Concerts. Several performances over several weekends include holiday classics along with choral accompaniment from the likes of the Cleveland Orchestra Children’s Chorus, the Cleveland Orchestra Chorus, The College of Wooster Chorus and more. It all happens at Severance Hall Dec. 10-11, 14-18.
5-4-3-2-1….TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA! The internationally loved rock-meets-holiday-classics orchestra returns to Cleveland for an oh-so-special New Year’s Eve performance at Quicken Loans Arena on Dec. 31. Tickets for TSO go fast!
- Nov. 30 – Dec. 4: George Vlanchine’s “The Nutcracker” performed by the Pennsylvania Ballet and the Cleveland Orchestra (classical), Playhouse Square
- Dec. 3 - 4: Northcoast Men’s Chorus’ “Our Gay Apparel” (choral), Playhouse Square
- Dec. 4: Cleveland Institute of Music performs during Holiday CircleFest beginning at 1pm (various), CIM University Circle
- Dec. 4: The Music Settlement performs during Holiday CircleFest from 1-5pm (various), Glick Recital Hall in University Circle
- Dec. 4: Rotary Club of Cleveland Singer’s Table’s “White Christmas! Holiday Singalong Party” (caroling), Music Box Supper Club
- Dec. 6 – 11: Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical (broadway), Playhouse Square
- Dec. 8 - 9: The Cleveland Orchestra performs “It’s A Wonderful Life” (live cinema), Severance Hall
- Dec. 10: Dave Koz Christmas Tour (smooth jazz), Playhouse Square
- Dec. 10: FunyardX Holiday With Special Guest Forecast (jazz), BOP STOP
- Dec. 10: Polka Brunch with Santa featuring the Chardon Polka Band (polka), Music Box Supper Club
- Dec. 11: Patsy Cline Brunch – Holiday Edition (country, rockabilly), Music Box Supper Club
- Dec. 11: Straight No Chaser 20th Anniversary Tour (a capella), Playhouse Square
- Dec. 11: Suzuki Holiday Outreach Concert (violins), Cleveland Botanical Garden
- Dec. 11-12: Bill Rudman’s “A Christmas Cabaret” (jazz), Nighttown
- Dec. 14: Liz Huff & Friends (jazz), Nighttown
- Dec. 16: How the Kishka Saved Christmas (polka, comedy), Happy Dog
- Dec. 17: The Great Russian Nutcracker (classical), Cleveland Public Hall
- Dec. 17: Mannheim Steamroller Christmas (symphonic pop), Playhouse Square
- Dec. 18: Helen Welch “Home for Christmas” (jazz), Nighttown
- Dec. 18: Jazz Brunch with the Cleveland Jazz Orchestra Quintet (jazz), Music Box Supper Club
- Dec. 18: The Wren Boys Festival 2016 (traditional Irish), Music Box Supper Club
- Dec. 20: Broken Ornaments: A Holiday Concert With An Impulse Towards Destruktion (jazz), BOP STOP
- Dec. 21: Getty, Irish Christmas (Irish), Severance Hall
- Dec. 22: Jim Brickman: Comfort & Joy (adult contemporary), Severance Hall
- Dec. 22 - 23: Daniel Reichard is “Home for Christmas” (soloist, holiday classics), Music Box Supper Club
- Dec. 23: Songs of the Season with Amanda Powell (jazz), BOP STOP